Who Is Welcome Here?
We extend a special welcome to those who are single, married, divorced, with 18 kids or none, gay, straight, filthy rich, dirt poor, living paycheck to paycheck or off a trust fund. We extend a special welcome to those holding crying newborns, are as old as Methuselah, or somewhere in between.We welcome you if you can sing like Josh Groban or Fergie, or if you sound like you’ve smoked three packs a day. You’re welcome here if you’re “just browsing,” just woke up, or just got out of jail. We don’t care if you have the whole bible memorized or if you can’t spell “Deuteronomy” without Googling it first.We extend a special welcome to those who are over 60 but not grown up yet, and to teenagers who are growing up too fast. We welcome starving artists, tree-huggers, latte-sippers, vegetarians, junk-food eaters. We welcome those who are in recovery or still addicted. We welcome you if you’re having problems or you’re down in the dumps or if you don’t like “organized religion,” we’ve been there too.If you blew all your offering money on scratch offs, you’re welcome here. We offer a special welcome to those who think the earth is flat, work too hard, don’t work, can’t spell, dance like Miley Cyrus or never show your knees in public.We welcome those who are inked, pierced or both. We offer a special welcome to those who could use a prayer right now, had religion shoved down your throat as a kid, haven’t ever been to church, only come on Christmas or Easter, or got lost in traffic and wound up here by mistake. We welcome tourists, seekers and doubters, bleeding hearts, dyed in the wool, … and YOU!
Cimarron Praise is a new start church and part of the United Methodist Church.
We believe the basic themes that run through the entire Biblical story and the core values of the Christian faith are God’s unconditional love and justice for all of us and the call for each of us to embody this in our own lives. Our commitment to unconditional love means that we welcome and affirm ALL people. Yes, we mean all races, nationalities, ages, genders, marital states, and sexual orientations. We mean the rich, the poor, the brilliant, the ignorant, the irreverent, the powerful, the homeless, the disabled, the uneducated, the illiterate, the religious, the mentally ill, the beautiful, the ugly, the average and the merely above average. The list is long but when we say "ALL people", we mean everyone and that includes you.
1. God. We believe that God is the creator and sustainer of the universe. We believe that God loves all persons.
2. Jesus Christ. We believe that Jesus Christ was God in human form. We believe that Jesus Christ died on a cross for us and our sins. We believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead and his resurrection allows us to have life after death. He said, "Because I live, you will live also."
3. Holy Spirit. We believe that God's Spirit is with us on earth. The Holy Spirit guides us to God and nudges us to grow in faith.
4. Grace. Grace is undeserved, unmerited love of God through the ever present Holy Spirit. In spite of suffering, violence, and evil, we proclaim that God’s grace is ever present everywhere. Despite our brokenness, we remain creatures of a loving Creator. God receives us, calls us to repentance, pardons us, and gives us hope all by grace.
5. Scripture. The Holy Bible is our primary source for Christian doctrine and we profess the Christian faith as contained in the Old and New Testaments.
OUR MISSION is the making of disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.